Delicious Sri Lankan Chicken Curry
This is a traditional Sri Lankan family recipe. We love the use of the spices in this curry. It is full of flavor and so tasty! Normally the curry is service with red rice, basmati rice or with paratha (bread).
What you need to have at home:
- 1 chicken, with or without bones.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 green chile peppers cut in small pieces
- 2 tea spoons of Sri Lankan curry powder
- 2 tea spoon salt
- 1 tea spoon ground black pepper
- 8 cardamom pods (not necessary)
- 6 whole cloves (not necessary)
- 12 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, crushed
- Small pieces of a cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 2 table spoons tomato paste or crushed fresh tomato
- 3 cups of fresh coconut milk
- 2 cups of water
How to do it:
First fry the all the spices in the pan.
Add the onion and the garlic.
Then add the chicken pieces.
Let it all fry until it is thoroughly done.
Add the tomato paste, water and the coconut milk.
Let it cook for 30 minutes.
Hmmm taste it and enjoy it with friends and family!